Call for proposals 2022: Funds for Research
Research Council Faroe Islands offers funding for research, open for applications once a year.
Application deadline is February 15th, 2022, 12:00 noon GMT.
Funding may be granted for research:
- carried out by a Faroese researcher, or
- carried out in cooperation with a Faroese research institute, or
- considered significant in a Faroese context
Funding may be granted for basic and applied research:
- PhD projects
- Projects spanning a minimum of 6 months
- Industrial R&D projects
Advantage is given to projects that strenghten the Faroese Research community with:
- data and lasting knowledge and skills
- cooperation between various researchers/research entities and/or businesses
- international cooperation and mobility.
- a minimum of 1/3 of the total cost must be covered by sources other than the Research Council. For industrial projects the minimum is 1/2.
The minimum amount available to apply for is DKK 300.000. There is no set maximum for the budget total, however, funding granted by the Research Council rarely exceeds DKK 1 million considerably.
The total amount available for funding in 2022 is DKK 7.5 million.
Please read the full Terms of reference before submitting the application.
Applications must include a thorough project description. Furthermore, the applicant’s academic and scientific qualifications are to be fully specified. Academic qualifications, financial requirements, and other information relevant for the board’s consideration must be documented.
Applications must be written in English and submitted this the application platform.
Applicants are encouraged to contact the Research Council Faroe Islands for detailed guidance.
Proviso: The total amount available for funding is conditioned by the State budget appropriation. Update 18th December 2021: The available amount for 2022 is changed from DKK 8.5 to 7.5 mio. due to changes in the State budget passed on 17th December.